From the article: Nessun Dorma Lyrics and Text Translation
"Nessun Dorma," Calaf's aria from Puccini's opera Turandot, is an one of the world's most beloved arias (largely thanks to the great Luciano Pavarotti). Read user submitted comments of their favorite singers, performances, and recordings of the famous aria, "Nessun Dorma." Suggest Your Favorite
East Village Opera Company
- I have heard many performers but after hearing EVOC I have an absolute favorite.
Queen of Soul sings Opera
- I don't see Aretha Franklin listed in "best performances of aria "Nessun Dorma" - this is a miss! The Queen of Soul presents an amazing, outstanding, graceful performance of this Pavatotti favorite! You must check out listen to Aretha Franklin on the "Ulitimate Divas" CD (there are other great performances also)! peace
- —Guest deylightwriter
- I just know what I love. The fact that someone has/had the ability to stand before an audience and sing is amazing to me (I sound fabulous in the shower). From Pavarotti to The Tenors and everyone in between singing this aria with such deep feeling and emotion is what does it for me. I listen to this particular song a lot!!!!
- —Guest 1cutegirl
- You're all wrong. The best singer for this aria is Juan Diego Florez. He sings with so much passion.
- —Guest Rudy
- it.s the best tenor voice from the great tennor luciano pavarotti..bravo
- —Guest armen zein
- The first time i heard Luciano sing this song, I cried from the sheer beauty of his voice. Now I cry from the beauty of the story and song. Bravo Pavarotti how we miss you.
- —Guest pink dragon
- Nessun Dorma may well be 'genuinely thrilling', but am I the only person who is bored to sobs with it? It's such a cliche, especially when Puccini is so much more than "Nessun Dorma" and "O Mio Babbino Caro" - even when you move beyond the holy trinity of La Boheme, Tosca, and Madama Butterfly. I once heard Domingo sing "E lucevan le stelle" from Tosca. Perhaps not the cleanest recording or most technically adroit performance ever, but when he cried "E non ho amato mai tanto la vita!" (And I have never loved life so much!) I could believe it. At the risk of sounding pretentious, Domingo at his best fuses technique and instinct, the heart and the head, passion and reason in a manner that's truly thrilling. Opera Guy? Meh...
- —Guest qRrUBsqMwJOlzzjMMoV
- An angel has visited our Earth in the voice God has given this little girl. Listen to hear...so pure...and just a child.
- —Guest John
- I've heard many renditions of this beautiful song, but none could compare to The Tenors version... such unbelievable harmony!
- —Guest Diane
Who Are These People
- There are signers whose voices can fill an opera house and then there are the others who require electronic enhancements. The aria is for spinto tenors. Legit singers of the first rank, modern era, who have actually sung the opera, include the following (in my order of preference): Mario del Monaco, Franco Corelli, Luiciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, Jussi Bjoerling (never sang it on stage, beautiful voice but not for Turandot, tho he recorded it). I have no idea who these other 'singers' are. w3
- —Guest Bill Wood
- Nessun Dorma reaches into my soul, but I have to say that the David Phelps version has just a little too modern something to it and it doesn't stir me as much as Bernard Lachance. Pavarotti definitely, Pucchini absolutely. Even Paul Potts I find more stirring than Phelps.
- —Guest Keri
- His performance of Nessun Dorma (2011)was outstanding!
- —Guest Babsayyy
domingo all the way
- domingo is amazing in this role best nessun dorma ever
- —Guest juanpablo
- Pavarotti is by far the best and a far second is Bocelli.
- —Guest Pavarotti Lover
- With due respects, I'm stunned that so many responses have David Phelps above Franco Corelli and other opera singers. I suggest they listen to Corelli's version, Phelps isn't in the same league.
- —Guest Rico
1-15 of 173Next