- David Phelps envokes all the compassion, heart and and voice that Nessun Dorma demands. His performance is by far the best I have ever heard. God bless you David ~ such a wonderful gift He has given you.
Nessum Dorma best ever
- Best EVER is David Phelps. Known by many as a Christian singer and for the Gaither Vocal Band, his years if classical training shine when he performs this song. His version will make you want for more classical music. Take a listen and see if you don't agree
- —Guest Maggie01
- If you haven't heard Bocelli's goose bump version recorded live at Central Park, you have a treat ahead of you. Evanco and Katherine Jenkins also have fine versions. Pavarotti and Bocelli are in a class of their own.
- —Guest Raider One
- Earlier I posted a response for the best Nessun Dorma performer...it was Andrea Bocelli. I stated that he had Pavarotti beat hands down. I would like now to add a comment not about his voice but about his presence and the person he projects. This man who depends on others to physically guide his steps exhibits much humility and courage. I see him as a great gift to the world not only for his voice but for the example of that strength, courage and humility he gives to us all!
- —Guest kathleen couvillon
- It is my opinion that Andrea Bocelli's performance of Nessun Dorma in Central Park has Pavarotti beat...hands down!!!!
- —Guest Kathleen Couvillon
- Kjerstin is right--Jackie Evancho, hands down!!! Her voice moves me like no other.
- —Guest Pauli
best nessun dorma
- mario lanza by far passion beyond compare poewrful voice...amazing!!!!!!...brings tears to my eyes thinking of my mom who turned me on to the great mario..rip mom love u so much
- —Guest laz
- Much admiration and respect to the greats who have sung this great aria! I can't pick one favorite because I appreciate each interpretation in its uniqueness. However, I prefer these versions: Mario Lanza, Franco Corelli, Luciano Pavarotti and Juss Bjorling. These masters have rendered very moving interpretations worthy of every tear and heartbeat!!! Bravo!!
- —Guest RinaJames
- David brings forth in me overwhelming emotion with tears. His ability to express passion is amazing and he draws the listener into his heart so you experience it too.
- —Guest Arna
- Paul Potts may not be Italian, but he makes this aria come alive, especially when you know his humble background.
- —Guest J. R. Thompson, Ph.D., DD.
Best Nessun Dorma? Phelps by far!!!
- Lost in relative obscurity, Phelps is the most amazing voice I have ever heard. Pavarotti is technically superb but IMHO opinion has little soul. Bocelli has more heart but not as much raw talent. Jackie Evancho is absolutely amazing, perhaps I should say that she is best because of her age alone. And wow can she sing from the heart. Beautiful, moving, but too sweet. However, David Phelps has it all. Perfect control, beauty, heart and soul, power! However, I think his best performance is the classic of "No More Night." Look on You Tube for the version that's 5 years old with over a million views. Blows my hair back every time!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vX3HHtytDo
- —Guest Cyndi W
- There are so many great interpretations of this piece. It is not enough to bring out the technique in this aria, 50 % is emotion. Therefore, an eleven year old girl is automatically disqualified no matter how well she can sing. My all-time favourite version is the one with the swedish tenor Jussi Bjorling. He passed away over 50 years ago, but havent been surpassed yet.
- —Guest Uncle Goblin
- Despite older recordings, he beats any present or past tenors at a comparison, by far! Try it.
- —Guest Sirvelo
Dream with Me
- JACKIE EVANCHO has the VOICE OF AN ANGEL. I think she will be a tremendous gift to the world of opera And pop music. I look forward to her next album
- —Guest Matu
- Russell Watson soars with this song. He learned from Pavarotti how to sing it, and he does, magnificently!
- —Guest bljeannie