- I first heard Nessun Dorma in 1968. It was the Jussi Bjorling 1944 version and I was immediately humbled by this great singer and artist. With respects to other performers, I have never heard a better version. His wonderful silver tone and faultless technique must surely rank him as one the greatest tenors of the 20th century.
David Phelps is ths best!
- When you listen to David Phelps sing Nessun Dorma you feel how deeply he believes and his passion for this song. He takes a hold of your heart and warms your soul.
- —Guest Bonnie
- I'll put Franco Corelli's "Nessun dorma" against anyone's. He recorded more than one; the best his 1962 recording on EMI, with the live performance at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Hafzs5QXY also very interesting. What sets Corelli's apart is that he doesn't poop out on the low note of the second repetition of the title phrase, but also the effortlessness of his production, the unearthly length of time he holds the top B-natural, and the flawless release of the final note. Bjoerling's has an equal effortlessness and greater musical suavity, but I (quite subjectively) prefer Corelli's darker voice, which is dramatic tenor and not lyric tenor as with Bjoerling and Pavarotti. Corelli also had power that the others lack (of the bunch of them, the only one who could go toe-to-toe with Birgit Nilsson and not come out second best) but he also had absolute control over dynamics across his whole vocal range (check out E lucevan le stelle or Celeste Aida), which Pavarotti did not have.
- —Guest Hafizullah
- When David Phelps sings this, it is so beautiful it makes cry.
- —Guest Juli Kemp
- At the Grammys, stepping in at the last minute for an ailing Pavaratti. On YouTube. Just stunning! Makes you believe in divinity !
- —Guest Robbie Peddycoart
- The Tenors formerly "The Canadian Tenors " sing an awesome rendition of Nessun Dorma on their album "Lead With Your Heart". Dec 2012
- —Guest Penelope
favorite nessun dorma
- Franco Corelli in the early 1960's Turandot w/ Nilsson, Scotto
- —Guest hsu939
nessun dorma, best singer
- DAVID PHELPS, HANDS DOWN! The other tenors are great, but David puts his heart into it and I wish I could get more recordings of him in opera, rather than just a terrific gospel singer.
- —Guest Ruth
- powerful, exceptional, unique..for me his version is the very best.
- —Guest ragingmoon
- Jackie Evancho opened my eyes and my ears for this type of music - When she hit the high notes I can't restrain myself from crying
- —Guest JackieFan
- I have heard many renditions. I always preferred pavarotti, but one should listen to bjorling's 1944 recording.
- —Guest steve
Eric Adams from Manowar
- Passion And Power. The Live Version is absolute Killer! Best Voice in Earth.
- —Guest Alex
- Laugh you may..but eric adams of the heavy metal band manowar did a phenomenal version of nessun dorma..I can hear the chuckles but let it be known that it was good enough for sarah brightman to decide shr wanted to do a song with him. " where eagles fly "..its not pure opera though be warned
- —Guest rehenry
- I've heard Pavarotti and Bocelli live and both are wonderful but Bocelli is the best.
- —Guest PamW
Mario Lanza, hands down
- Pavarotti himself would agree that Mario Lanza gave the ultimate performance of Nessun Dorma. Indeed, Pavarotti's own greatest performance of it, in 1994 in Los Angeles, was closely modelled on Lanza's.
- —Guest Sarah Ferguson