The Bottom Line
- Light and fresh quality.
- Familiar tunes in new styles.
- Incredible musicianship.
- Performances are fun and lively.
- If your looking for traditional classical music, look somewhere else.
- Release Date: November 8, 2005
- 1 Disk, 16 tracks
- Total Play Time: 63:45
Guide Review - Quartetto Gelato - Favorite Flavours
What's unique about this quartet, besides their instrumentation, is that all of their performances are played by memory. No sheet music at all! This enables the quartet to play somewhat "candid"; they aren't bound by the prison bars of black notes. Every performance has an air of excitement and the lightness of humor without the loss of true musicianship. Quartetto Gelato has mastered the art of music making.
If your interested in what instruments the quartet members play, here's the info you desire:
- Cynthia Steljes: oboe, English horn
- Peter De Sotto: tenor, violin, mandolin
- Alexander Sevastian: accordion, piano
- Kristina Reiko Cooper: cello