The Bottom Line
Despite a few weak performances, the overall quality of the album is astounding. This CD is great for the beginner and the expert.
- Performances by popular female artists of all time
- Well known aria selections
- Some tracks didn't deliver the "diva" characteristic attributed with the performer
- Released September 15, 1998
- Total Running Time 1 hour 16 mins
- 1 CD - 17 tracks, each by a different performer
- Features works of 10 composers
Guide Review - The Ultimate Divas Album
I could listen to The Ultimate Divas Album all day . Renee Fleming performs Verdi's "Ave Maria" from the opera Otello with conviction and clarity. Joan Sutherland's performance of Bellini's "Casta Diva" from the opera Norma is flawless. Last but not least, Cecilia Bartoli's strong rendition of Rossini's "Non piu mesta" from the opera La Cenerentola seems effortless. Other performances given by Kathleen Battle, Leontyne Price, Marilyn Horne, Montserrat Cabella, Frederica Von Stade, and Sumi Jo.